Dec 11, 2014

Mamma Mia! Reviews- The Characters on stage look very motivated

I think that based on the Mamma Mia! (drama play musical) we watched, the characters on stage looked very motivated and by that they acted enthusiastically, in my opinion. I think this affected the play so much that made it more entertaining and more enjoyable. The play itself was very interesting making the audience always wondering what is going to happen next and wanting to see more.


The memorization of the lines was excellent as the play goes on smoothly or so we think, we will never know if the actor/actress have moments where they improvise the scenario. The characterization was also good. I can see that the actor/actresses was in their own character’s position. As for blocking they did show their backs but they have a reason to and it was already planned to be that way. their vocals where really nice although I think that in some areas/moments the sound/volume should have been a little bit louder as that can make the production as whole much better. The movement goes through smoothly through the entire play and I don’t see a major problem.

continue reading

Sophie in Mamma Mia! is young innocent not really experienced as she postponed her marriage in the end. She is very curious and sneaky some how because that is what made the whole story, Sophie’s curiosity towards who her father is.

I think having from all the rest being Sophie would be fun since I can sort of relate/understand  how she would feel and what she is feeling. And in that way acting would be mush easier.

Sophie a young girl who has always been curious of who her father is, was getting married to a guy (sky) she wanted her father to be there and so searched through her moms diary and found the names of three different guys Bill, Sam and Harry. she invited all three of them and so they all come, along the way donna (Sophie’s mother) found out about her three ex’s.  In the plot of the story all three guys claimed to be her father and so she got confused. At the end Sophie did not get married, instead her mother Donna did, she married bill one of the guys. The end

I think having to remember every dance move, lines would be quite challenging, although after a number of times practicing it shouldn’t be that difficult. 

I am satisfied with their costume and sound although I was not that satisfied with the props and set decoration. I feel like they could have done some more with the stage instead of having to simplifying everything.

I think almost everything is important. but there are some that are more important, for example focus. The actor/actresses should of course be focused towards his/her characterization. Mood is also vital because the mood shows emotions and gives a vibe to the audience. Lastly space, space is also important as the stage cannot be too full.

I would make the volume of the characters louder and more audible to the whole theatre. And of course making the set have more variety of props for the setting.

I learn that having to entertain the audience through out the whole play is very important, to keep the audience always curious for what is going to happen next.

Yes I think it was very much enjoyable, however I think if they want to make it funny/comedy than the should have just add more funny lines/parts so that it doesn’t get weird every time they say something funny, since the rest is serious.

I think there is a relationship here and there but form a scale of 1-10 I would rate it a 7 for Mamma Mia!. I think in some cases it can be overly dramatic and it was but in other cases they should not since after all it should be realistic.

I Think that we should be enthusiastic because that really flows to the audience. As for the skills, I think we need communication skills with the audience so that the message will go through to the audience. 

written by Nicole P

No comments:

Post a Comment